Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.36 in (1028.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-1°C (31°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Valdosta Regional Airport (KVLD)
Lat: 30.79 Lon: -83.28 Elev: 200ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Patchy frost after 3am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 1. North northeast wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Friday Patchy frost before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 18. East wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. East southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Saturday Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. High near 22. Southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming south 15 to 20 km/h in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 16. South wind 5 to 15 km/h becoming north northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 16.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 19.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 19.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 6.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 20.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lowndes County, GA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE