Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 7 km/h
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.7 mb)
- Dewpoint2°C (36°F)
- Visibility0.80 km
- Wind Chill1°C (33°F)
Current conditions at
Huntsville International / Jones Field (KHSV)
Lat: 34.66 Lon: -86.77 Elev: 624ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain. High near 7. South wind 10 to 15 km/h decreasing to 5 to 10 km/h in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain. Low around 5. Southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain. High near 8. North wind around 10 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 2. North wind 10 to 20 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Rain likely, possibly mixing with snow after 7am, then gradually ending. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 7. North wind 15 to 20 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 10.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -2.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 12.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Madison County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE