Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 km/h
- Barometer30.41 in (1029.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-6°C (22°F)
- Visibility8 km
- Wind Chill-7°C (19°F)
Current conditions at
Russellville Municipal Airport (KRUE)
Lat: 35.26 Lon: -93.09 Elev: 404ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 10 percent chance of light snow before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around -12. North northeast wind around 10 km/h.
- Saturday Increasing clouds, with a high near -3. Wind chill values as low as -18. East northeast wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around -6. East northeast wind 10 to 15 km/h. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Sunday A chance of snow, possibly mixing with sleet after 9am, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near -1. South southeast wind around 10 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. Calm wind.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -1. North wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. North northeast wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 1. Northwest wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around -11. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 3.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -9.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 4.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Friday A slight chance of rain, freezing rain, and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 7. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Pope County, AR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE