Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSW 17 G 24 MPH
- Barometer29.95 in (1015.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-23°C (-10°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill1°C (33°F)
Current conditions at
China Lake, Naval Air Facility (KNID)
Lat: 35.68639 Lon: -117.69000 Elev: 2283ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow after 4am. Partly cloudy, with a low around -2. South southwest wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 7. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 35 to 45 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 65 km/h.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -7. Breezy, with a west wind 35 to 45 km/h decreasing to 20 to 30 km/h in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 65 km/h.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 6. Calm wind.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around -4. Calm wind becoming west northwest 5 to 10 km/h in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 6. Northeast wind 10 to 15 km/h increasing to 20 to 25 km/h in the morning.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around -4. North northeast wind 15 to 20 km/h decreasing to 5 to 10 km/h in the evening.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 7. Calm wind.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -1. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2. East southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming north northwest in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 13. Calm wind.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2. Calm wind.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 13. West northwest wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming calm in the morning.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Indian Wells Valley, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE