Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedVrbl 9 km/h
- Barometer29.99 in (1015.0 mb)
- Dewpoint8°C (47°F)
- Visibility1.61 km
- Wind Chill9°C (48°F)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 19. West wind 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain. Low around 4. Southwest wind 20 to 25 km/h becoming northwest 10 to 15 km/h in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 35 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 10. North wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of rain, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2. East wind around 10 km/h.
- Sunday Rain. High near 8. Southeast wind around 10 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 7. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 11. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 5. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 5.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 6.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sevier Smoky Mountains, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE