Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 15 km/h
- Barometer30.49 in (1033.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-4°C (24°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-6°C (21°F)
Current conditions at
Wayne County Airport (KEKQ)
Lat: 36.86 Lon: -84.86 Elev: 963ft.
Whitley City KY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A chance of flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. North northwest wind around 8 km/h.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 1. West wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -6. Calm wind.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 8. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 km/h in the morning.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow before 2am, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 2. South wind 5 to 8 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Rain, mainly before 2pm. High near 6. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain before 4am, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 0. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday A 10 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 8.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 6.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McCreary County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE