Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 17 km/h
- Barometer30.02 in (1016.5 mb)
- Dewpoint2°C (35°F)
- Visibility11 km
- Wind Chill3°C (37°F)
Current conditions at
Paducah, Barkley Regional Airport (KPAH)
Lat: 37.07 Lon: -88.77 Elev: 407ft.
Grand Rivers KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly after noon. Temperature falling to around 2 by 3pm. North wind 18 to 21 km/h, with gusts as high as 34 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Tonight Rain before 9pm, then rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain between 9pm and midnight, then freezing rain and sleet after midnight. Low around -2. North wind 18 to 21 km/h, with gusts as high as 29 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.5 to 0.7 of a centimeter possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Friday Freezing rain and sleet before 9am, then sleet between 9am and 3pm, then snow after 3pm. High near -1. North wind 21 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 34 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.4 to 0.6 of a centimeter possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 5 to 9 centimeters possible.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow before midnight. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -9. North wind 16 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 32 km/h.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2. North northeast wind around 18 km/h.
- Saturday Night Freezing rain and sleet likely after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around -5. Northeast wind 14 to 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Freezing rain and sleet before noon, then rain. High near 1. Northeast wind 9 to 14 km/h becoming light north northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain, freezing rain, and sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. Light and variable wind becoming west 6 to 11 km/h in the evening.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 0. West northwest wind 11 to 13 km/h.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11. Northwest wind around 11 km/h.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near -4. North northwest wind 8 to 11 km/h becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -12. West southwest wind 3 to 8 km/h.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near -1. Calm wind.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Livingston County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE