Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 11 km/h
- Barometer30.26 in (1025.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-6°C (22°F)
- Visibility10 km
- Wind Chill-9°C (16°F)
Current conditions at
Fort Knox (KFTK)
Lat: 37.9 Lon: -85.97 Elev: 784ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1pm, then rain likely. High near 2. Northeast wind 11 to 13 km/h becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of a centimeter possible. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Tonight A chance of rain before 4am, then a slight chance of freezing rain and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 0. South wind around 11 km/h becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before 9am, then a chance of rain between 9am and 10am, then a chance of drizzle after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 3. West wind around 11 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5. North wind 8 to 10 km/h.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 1. West wind 5 to 11 km/h.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -8.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 4.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -8.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near -2.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -7.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 5.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 6. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Larue County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE