Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 13 km/h
- Barometer29.46 in (997.4 mb)
- Dewpoint12°C (53°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Fort Knox (KFTK)
Lat: 37.9°N Lon: 85.97°W Elev: 784ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 14. Southwest wind 18 to 21 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2.5 mm, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Rain showers likely before 2pm, then scattered rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 5 by 4pm. Breezy, with a southwest wind 26 to 35 km/h becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 60 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around -7. Northwest wind 22 to 27 km/h decreasing to 16 to 21 km/h after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 6. Wind chill values as low as -12. West wind around 11 km/h.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -1. South wind 8 to 10 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 13.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 11.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 7.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 14.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Larue County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE