Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 3 MPH
- Barometer29.96 in (1025.1 mb)
- Dewpoint-21°C (-5°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Bryce Canyon, Bryce Canyon Airport (KBCE)
Lat: 37.70639 Lon: -112.14556 Elev: 7585ft.
15 Miles NE Escalante UT
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near -7. South southwest wind 8 to 11 km/h.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. South southwest wind 8 to 10 km/h becoming west northwest in the evening.
- Saturday Snow. High near -7. West northwest wind 8 to 13 km/h becoming south southwest 16 to 21 km/h in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around -12. Wind chill values as low as -21. West wind 16 to 23 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 centimeters possible.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near -9. West northwest wind 14 to 24 km/h. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -16.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near -7.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -13.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near -6.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -10.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Utah Mountains, UT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE