Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 17 km/h
- Barometer30.49 in (1033.6 mb)
- Dewpoint-11°C (13°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-12°C (10°F)
Current conditions at
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport (KLEX)
Lat: 38.05 Lon: -84.6 Elev: 981ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around -12. Northwest wind 11 to 13 km/h.
- Thursday Sunny and cold, with a high near -4. Wind chill values as low as -17. Southwest wind 10 to 14 km/h.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -8. Southwest wind 11 to 14 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5. Wind chill values as low as -13. Southwest wind 13 to 16 km/h.
- Friday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 0. South wind 11 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around a centimeter possible.
- Saturday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 4. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between 2.5 and 5 mm possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 1.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 5.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 4.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fayette County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE