Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 13 km/h
- Barometer30.36 in
- Dewpoint-11°C (12°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-11°C (13°F)
Current conditions at
Frankfort, Capital City Airport (KFFT)
Lat: 38.18 Lon: -84.9 Elev: 804ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around -8. Southwest wind 8 to 10 km/h.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 5. Southwest wind 8 to 11 km/h.
- Friday Night Rain and snow likely before 10pm, then snow likely between 10pm and 1am, then rain and snow after 1am. Low around 0. Southeast wind 8 to 10 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around 2 centimeters.
- Saturday Rain. High near 4. Southeast wind 5 to 13 km/h becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around -2. Northwest wind 8 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 0.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 6.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 4.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 4.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Franklin County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE