Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Mostly Cloudy and Windy
- Wind SpeedN 50 G 59 km/h
- Barometer29.46 in (997.3 mb)
- Dewpoint7°C (45°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Lees Summit (KLXT)
Lat: 38.96°N Lon: 94.37°W Elev: 1004ft.
Lee's Summit MO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain and snow likely before 4am, then a chance of snow. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, with a low around -2. Windy, with a north wind 37 to 42 km/h increasing to 43 to 48 km/h in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 70 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow before 7am. Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then becoming sunny, with a high near 6. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 27 to 34 km/h, with gusts as high as 42 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -2. North northwest wind 18 to 23 km/h becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 17. Southwest wind 10 to 18 km/h.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 4. South southwest wind 14 to 23 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 8. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around -1. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 6.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jackson County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE