Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 22 km/h
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-5°C (23°F)
- Visibility13 km
- Wind Chill-4°C (25°F)
Current conditions at
Charles B Wheeler Downtown Airport (KMKC)
Lat: 39.12 Lon: -94.6 Elev: 758ft.
Kansas City MO
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. South wind 8 to 11 km/h.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain before noon, then rain showers likely between noon and 3pm, then snow after 3pm. High near 3. South wind 8 to 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of a centimeter possible. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 centimeters possible.
- Friday Night Snow before midnight, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Low around -6. Southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming north northwest 13 to 18 km/h after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near -3. North northwest wind 16 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 29 km/h.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -10. West northwest wind 10 to 16 km/h.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 7.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 6.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 7.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jackson County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE