Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 28 km/h
- Barometer30.22 in (1024.1 mb)
- Dewpoint-11°C (12°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-3°C (27°F)
Current conditions at
Martinsburg, Eastern W. Virginia Reg/Shepherdstown (KMRB)
Lat: 39.41 Lon: -77.98 Elev: 531ft.
Harpers Ferry WV
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 3. Southwest wind 10 to 14 km/h.
- Tonight A chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Saturday Snow before 1pm, then snow and sleet. High near -1. East wind 5 to 11 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 6 to 10 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Night Snow and sleet before 9pm, then rain or freezing rain likely. Low around -1. Northeast wind 5 to 14 km/h becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 2.5 and 5 mm possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 2. Northwest wind 23 to 29 km/h.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 4.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -6.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 6.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, WV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE