Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 15 km/h
- Barometer30.44 in (1032.6 mb)
- Dewpoint-16°C (4°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-12°C (10°F)
Current conditions at
Morgantown Municipal-Hart Field (KMGW)
Lat: 39.64 Lon: -79.92 Elev: 1240ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near -7. West wind 21 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 39 km/h.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -11. Wind chill values as low as -18. West wind 21 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 37 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1. West wind 13 to 21 km/h, with gusts as high as 32 km/h.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5. Southwest wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming south after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday Snow before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 2. Southeast wind 10 to 16 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Saturday Night Rain likely before 1am, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -1. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between 2.5 and 5 mm possible.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 0. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 2.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Somerset County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE