Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
- Wind SpeedN 15 km/h
- Barometer30.21 in (1024.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-3°C (26°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-5°C (23°F)
Current conditions at
Altoona-Blair County Airport (KAOO)
Lat: 40.3 Lon: -78.32 Elev: 1480ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A slight chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around -5. Northwest wind around 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near -3. Northwest wind 14 to 18 km/h.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11. Northwest wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming calm after midnight.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near -3. Light east wind becoming southeast 8 to 13 km/h in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2.5 mm possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain. Low around -5. South wind 13 to 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 cm possible.
- Monday Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 3. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near -7.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -7.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cambria County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE