Rain, mountain snow continue out west; rain and thunderstorms forecast for Southeast and Gulf Coast
Rain and mountain snow are expected across parts of northern California and the Pacific Northwest on Friday. Heavy snow is forecast for the higher mountain elevations over the weekend. Meanwhile, rain and thunderstorms are forecast for parts of the Southeast and Gulf Coast states Friday and Saturday.
Read More... Hazardous Weather Conditions Humidity82% Wind SpeedSE 13 km/h Barometer30.22 in (1024.4 mb) Dewpoint-2°C (28°F) Visibility11 km Wind Chill-3°C (26°F)
Current conditions at
Des Moines, Des Moines International Airport (KDSM)
Lat: 41.54°N Lon: 93.67°W Elev: 955ft.
Des Moines IA 7 Day Forecast
Detailed Forecast This Afternoon Cloudy, with a high near 1. South southeast wind around 10 km/h. Tonight A chance of flurries and freezing drizzle after 4am. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around -1. South wind 8 to 10 km/h. Saturday A chance of flurries and freezing drizzle before 7am. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 3. South wind 8 to 13 km/h. Saturday Night A chance of drizzle after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 1. South southeast wind 10 to 13 km/h. Sunday A chance of drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 6. South wind 13 to 18 km/h. Sunday Night A chance of drizzle, then a chance of rain after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 3. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2.5 mm possible. Monday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 7. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Tuesday A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 3. Tuesday Night Cloudy, with a low around -3. Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 2. Windy. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5. Blustery. Christmas Day Partly sunny, with a high near 1.