Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedNW 20 km/h
- Barometer30.29 in (1026.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-6°C (22°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-3°C (26°F)
Current conditions at
Des Moines International Airport (KDSM)
Lat: 41.54°N Lon: 93.65°W Elev: 957ft.
Des Moines IA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 1. North wind around 11 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -6. North wind 6 to 11 km/h becoming light and variable.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 13. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 11 to 16 km/h increasing to 22 to 27 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 km/h.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 3. Southwest wind 14 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 29 km/h.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. West wind 11 to 14 km/h.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Tuesday A 50 percent chance of rain after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 7.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -2.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 13.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 13.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE