Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 6 MPH
- Barometer30.17 in (1021.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-6°C (21°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-3°C (26°F)
Current conditions at
Crescent City, Jack McNamara Field Airport (KCEC)
Lat: 41.78028 Lon: -124.23667 Elev: 56ft.
Crescent City CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Areas of frost after 1am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around -3. Northeast wind around 14 km/h.
- Thursday Areas of frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 7. Northeast wind 8 to 11 km/h becoming north northwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Showers likely after 10pm. Increasing clouds, with a low around 1. Calm wind becoming south southeast 5 to 10 km/h after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between 2.5 and 5 mm possible.
- Friday Rain. High near 7. South wind around 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 7.5 mm and 1 cm possible.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 0. North wind 11 to 16 km/h.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 6.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 7.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 10.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 11.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Wednesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 12.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Redwood Coast, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE