Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWNW 8 MPH
- Barometer30.28 in (1029.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-11°C (12°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-15°C (5°F)
Current conditions at
Riverton, Riverton Regional Airport (KRIW)
Lat: 43.06194°N Lon: 108.44639°W Elev: 5525ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Patchy fog before noon. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 8. East wind 3 to 8 km/h.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around -5. Calm wind becoming south southeast 5 to 10 km/h in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 11. Southeast wind 5 to 8 km/h becoming calm.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -5. North wind 9 to 14 km/h becoming light and variable.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 13. Southwest wind 5 to 11 km/h.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2. West wind 10 to 14 km/h becoming south southwest after midnight.
- Saturday A chance of snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 4. West wind 11 to 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -6.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 12.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -1.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 13.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 7.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wind River Basin, WY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE