Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.20 in (1026.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-4°C (24°F)
- Visibility11 km
Current conditions at
Rapid City Regional Airport (KRAP)
Lat: 44.05°N Lon: 103.07°W Elev: 3160ft.
Rapid City SD
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 13. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 6 to 11 km/h in the morning.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 2. West wind 5 to 13 km/h.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. West wind 10 to 18 km/h becoming south in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. Northwest wind 13 to 23 km/h.
- Monday Increasing clouds, with a high near 17. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 10 km/h in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Rain likely before 11pm, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 1. North wind 13 to 18 km/h increasing to 19 to 24 km/h after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 6. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 9.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -1.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 13.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 0.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rapid City, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE