Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedW 7 km/h
- Barometer30.11 in
- Dewpoint-11°C (12°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-6°C (22°F)
Current conditions at
Black Hills Airport-Clyde Ice Field (KSPF)
Lat: 44.48 Lon: -103.78 Elev: 3931ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 7. Breezy, with a southwest wind 25 to 35 km/h decreasing to 11 to 21 km/h. Winds could gust as high as 50 km/h.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -7. Southwest wind around 11 km/h.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 0. Northwest wind 11 to 13 km/h.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. West wind 11 to 14 km/h.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 2. West wind 8 to 10 km/h.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5. West wind 8 to 13 km/h.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 7.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 6.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Black Hills, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE