Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 31 G 43 km/h
- Barometer29.95 in (1015.2 mb)
- Dewpoint-17°C (1°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-23°C (-9°F)
Current conditions at
Traverse City, Cherry Capital Airport (KTVC)
Lat: 44.73°N Lon: 85.58°W Elev: 618ft.
Traverse City MI
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny and cold, with a steady temperature around -24. Wind chill values as low as -21. North wind around 25 km/h, with gusts as high as 40 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -22. North wind 15 to 20 km/h decreasing to 5 to 10 km/h after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3. Wind chill values as low as -22. Southwest wind 5 to 15 km/h.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5. South wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 4. West wind 15 to 20 km/h.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow after 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow before 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near -7.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -15.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -5.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -10.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near -1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Grand Traverse County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE