Major Winter Storm Moves into Upper Midwest and Central Rockies
The major winter storm that has been affecting the northern Rockies & Plains has moved into the Upper Midwest & central Rockies where a foot or more of snow is forecast for some locations Wed. into Thur. Freezing rain is also possible for parts of the Great Lakes. Meanwhile bitterly cold air will persist across the western U.S. with highs on Wed. only reaching the single digits in some locations.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 30 G 43 km/h
- Barometer29.67 in
- Dewpoint-9°C (16°F)
- Visibility1.61 km
- Wind Chill-16°C (4°F)
Current conditions at
Harry Stern Airport (KBWP)
Lat: 46.23 Lon: -96.6 Elev: 968ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow with patchy blowing snow. Steady temperature around -22. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 32 to 37 km/h, with gusts as high as 48 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 9 to 13 centimeters possible.
- Tonight Snow with areas of blowing snow before 4am, then a slight chance of snow between 4am and 5am. Low around -19. Wind chill values as low as -31. Blustery, with a northwest wind 37 to 40 km/h, with gusts as high as 55 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 centimeters possible.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -16. Wind chill values as low as -31. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 32 to 37 km/h decreasing to 23 to 28 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 48 km/h.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -24. Wind chill values as low as -33. West wind 13 to 21 km/h.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near -18. West wind 13 to 16 km/h.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -28.
- Saturday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -21.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -26.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -14.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -22.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -18.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -27.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near -20.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richland County, ND
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE