Heavy Snow Possible Across Northern Rockies and Plains, Wintry Mix Farther East
Snow, gusty winds and bitter cold will spread through the northern Rockies and northern Plains on Thursday. The snow could be heavy at times. Meanwhile, a wintry mix of snow and freezing rain is possible across parts of the Midwest and Great Lakes and into New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 15 km/h
- Barometer30.22 in (1027.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-20°C (-4°F)
- Visibility0.80 km
- Wind Chill-25°C (-13°F)
Current conditions at
Bismarck Municipal Airport (KBIS)
Lat: 46.78 Lon: -100.75 Elev: 1683ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Periods of snow showers. High near -16. North wind 11 to 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 centimeters possible.
- Tonight Snow showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around -23. North wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming south after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Friday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -12. Wind chill values as low as -30. South wind 10 to 18 km/h, with gusts as high as 29 km/h.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -20. South wind 11 to 16 km/h becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -11. Light north wind increasing to 6 to 11 km/h in the morning.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -22.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near -18.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -24.
- Monday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -12.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Christmas Day Partly sunny, with a high near -8.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Burleigh County, ND
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE